The Safety Training Solution serves clients throughout the United States and across global communities and is led by Leanne Coffman, President and Senior Management Consultant.
Throughout her career, Leanne Coffman has instructed in government required training programs for general industry and developed numerous site-specific compliance programs for clients. Along with workplace safety and health, Coffman specializes in human resource management that fits clients’ unique criteria and facility organization. In the decade Ms. Coffman has spent in consulting, casework routinely exposes her to a wide variety of industries, from manufacturing to healthcare facilities. Professionally, these experiences continually augment her knowledge of complex compliance issues.
Current clients of the Safety Training Solutions include those in Canada, the Middle Eastern Gulf Nations and across the United States, performing risk assessments for hospital campuses and general industry and manufacturing organizations.
As a consultant, Coffman assesses workplace conditions and delivers training programs and policies for clients on topics relating to diversity, anti-discrimination laws, violence prevention, substance abuse and occupational safety and health compliance. Additionally, she has participated in more than twenty-five separate OSHA inspections and subsequent formal and informal conferences. Post-accident investigations, disaster preparedness, and hazard abatement are other arenas of dedicated expertise.
She has been invited presenter and subject matter expert on topics of combustible dust and hazard mitigation.
Also a prolific author and content writer, Coffman’s published works include medical and mental health articles, as well as on topics regarding workplace safety, OSHA compliance, personal and public health, human resource, legal aspects of employment and disaster response.
More than 1,000 articles have been published by Coffman throughout her writing career.
She has authored or collaborated on various books and training manuals, including a comprehensive ergonomics training program for a leading HR source.
Coffman maintains public profiles for career development on Linked In, where she is active in several online disaster response readiness and information groups. She is also a member of the Wiki Emergency 2.0 Reference Group, which leads the content development and management of key areas of the Wiki for emergency management.
Recent continuing education/professional development courses completed by Coffman:
- FEMA/RDPC: AWR 148-W: 8 Hour Course: Crisis Management for School-Based Incidents:Partnering Rural Law Enforcement and the Local School Systems
- FEMA IS-00907: Active Shooter: What You Can Do
- FEMA IS-00454: Fundamentals of Risk Management
- FEMA/RDPC: AWR-187-W: Terrorism and WMD Awareness in the Workplace
- FEMA IS-00319: Tornado Mitigation Basics for Mitigation Staff
- FEMA IS-00320: Wildfire Mitigation Basics for Mitigation Staff
- FEMA: IS-00325: Earthquake Basics: Science, Risk and Mitigation
- FEMA IS-00906: Basic Workplace Security Awareness
- Department of Defense (DoD): Cyber Challenge (Non-classifed course)
- Department of Defense (DoD): Tablets and Smart Phones (Non-classified course)
- National Center for Biomedical Research and Training (NCBRT): Pandemic: Citzen Ready: 4 modules
- National Center for Biomedical Research and Training (NCBRT): Effects of WMD/Terrorism on Bulk Distribution: 4 modules